The Edward Foundation raises funds for Edward Hospital programs that make a difference in your health, mind and spirit. From treating cancer to detecting heart disease; from helping people overcome depression to bringing families together during difficult times, the Edward Foundation has raised more than $35 million since 1990. The generosity of our donors is an essential part of Edward Hospital.
Your gift matters
Thanks in part to your unrestricted gifts, the Foundation was able to make the following life-saving resources available to thousands of patients:
- $1 million for the creation of a hybrid operating room which allows for open heart and endovascular surgeries to be performed in a single location.
- $1 million for the expansion of Linden Oaks to provide diagnosis and treatment for adults and adolescents struggling with behavioral health disorders.
- $500,000 to provide Access to Care to help working poor and uninsured patients access health care in the early stages of medical troubles.
- $100,000 to HealthAware, Edward's online screening tool to assess risk for various diseases.
- $600,000 for new gastrointestinal diagnostic equipment for early detection of cancers.
- $1.9 million for a second da Vinci Surgical System.
- $1 million toward the purchase of a 3T MRI.
Why We Need Your Support
Successful executive Brenda Barnes was on top of the world, running some of America's most well-known companies. But everything changed in an instant when an MRI diagnosed her with a hemorrhagic stroke. "Like a light switch, I went from this crazy life to living one where I can't eat, I can't walk," says Brenda, who underwent emergency surgery and spent four weeks at Edward.
After her recovery, Brenda learned about the critical life or death timing of the MRI that led to her diagnosis and the mounting challenges that Edward faces with just two MRI machines running 24 hours a day, seven days a week, struggling to meet patient demand. Watch Brenda's story.
Grateful for the doctors, staff and technologies that helped her gain her life back. Brenda personally donated $500,000 toward the pruchase of Edward's new 3T MRI system. How much is Edward worth to you?
Donate to the Area of Greatest Need
Providing exceptional healthcare requires the financial resources to purchase advanced technology, build state-of-the-art facilities, invest in the latest treatment options and recruit highly skilled medical staff. It costs $1.7 million per day to operate Edward Hospital ($620 million per year).
Some level of cash reserves are necessary in case of a major catastrophe, such a natural or man-made disaster or further erosion of financial investments. Financing major capital projects through borrowing creates a future debt-service burden and costs more than making capital improvements from current funds. Taking out a 30-year loan of $1 million today will cost over $2.1 million by the time it is paid back. Burdening the future with debt-service costs decreases the ability to address future capital needs without further borrowing.
Click on "donate" to contribute to Edward's area of greatest need. Unrestricted donations allow the Edward Foundation to help fund the hospital's immediate needs — those high priority services, technologies and facilities that greatly impact patients and staff.
Thank you for your support!
Please visit Ways to Give for giving opportunties