|PHOTO: PROTECT YOURSELF FROM
SKIN CANCER WITH THESE
We’ve endured the frigid Illinois winter and the blustery spring storms, now summer is almost here. It’s time to put on that swimsuit and show off your best accessory - your healthy glowing skin.
Check out these five easy ways to help prevent skin cancer.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Use sunscreen, seek shade between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun's rays are strongest, and wear protective clothing.
- Quit Smoking. Smoking can speed up the normal aging process of your skin, contributing to wrinkles and putting you at risk for cancer.
- Know the Real Cost of that Tan. Visiting tanning booths or laying out can cause severe irreversible damage to skin.
- Use extra caution near water, sand or snow as they reflect and intensify the damaging rays of the sun, which can increase your chances of sunburn and skin cancer.
- Make time to relax! Stress can do a number on your skin and your body. Make time to relax while exercising these skin cancer prevention tips.
It’s your life. Your health. Your move. Be HealthAware.