Edward allows nurses do what they do best – take care of patients. So whether that's through our strong nurse-to-patient ratio, or by considering ideas for how to make things better, Edward is a great place to practice nursing.
Why nurses love Edward
Skilled and supportive co-workers make it enjoyable to come to work each day and appealing to build a career at Edward. Here's why:
- Magnet designation for nursing excellence since 2005
- 1,200 nurses on staff, with five years' experience on average
- Nursing turnover: better than local and national averages
- Average tenure of Edward nurses: five years
- Excellent nurse to patient ratios
- Patient satisfaction in top 25% among hospitals nationwide
- Tangible ways to grow your career
Read our nursing publications
- Read the latest Nursing News in MagneTimes - written for nurses by nurses.
- Read our Nursing Annual Report highlighting our accomplishments from the year.
Recognize a nurse
Edward recognizes outstanding care provided by its nurses through the DAISY Award. The DAISY Award is made available through the DAISY Foundation which was started by the Barnes family to recognize the outstanding care provided by nurses to their son and husband prior to his death.
Three DAISY recipients will be recognized each quarter at Edward and the nominations will be based on patient letters received and patient stories. If you observe an Edward nurse providing outstanding care, please be sure to document it on a We Will Always Moments form.