|TINA BHARGAVA, MD INTERNAL MEDICINE,
EDWARD MEDICAL GROUP
Women often take on many roles – mom, full-time employee, caregiver, household CEO. They’ve got multi-tasking down to a science.
Although they sometimes skimp on themselves, there are some basics every woman should consider to stay healthy.
“Making self-care part of your daily routine takes very little time – and staying healthy enables you to take care of your loved ones,” says Dr. Tina Bhargava, MD.
- Find a great primary care physician and keep up your commitment to annual visits.
- Squeeze in some exercise. Even 30-minute walks at lunchtime can do some good.
- Make healthy diet choices. Nobody’s perfect, but good choices help to keep you well.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Insomnia can be caused by stress and anxiety, or a loss of estrogen during menopause. Talk to your doctor if you can’t get 7 to 9 hours a night.
- Keep yourself mentally healthy. Taking time for yourself is crucial to recharge your batteries.
It’s your life. Your health. Your move. Be HealthAware.