Welcome to the Edward Diabetes Center Web-based Education. Our staff is composed of certified diabetes educators, who are registered dietitians and registered nurses, specially trained and certified in the field of diabetes education. We have created the programs below for you to view online. Please call Class Registration at 630-527-6363 to register for these classes. After you register, we will send you a link to the online program video.
- Understanding Diabetes: Explains the basics of how to understand and manage diabetes – $20
- Heart Healthy Eating: Discusses the American Diabetes and American Heart Guidelines for Fat, Cholesterol, Salt and Fiber – $20
- Carbohydrate Counting: Reviews food groups, how to count carbohydrates and read food labels for meal planning – $20
- Preventing Complications: What are the complications from high blood sugars and how we can prevent them from happening – $20
- Exercise: How much exercise is really needed and how can we help you work it into your day – $15
- Medications: Lists and explains how all the major medications used for diabetes work in the body –$15
Try it out! First Steps to Healthy Eating is a free video presentation we created to help you learn more about nutrition and diabetes. Learn more at http://www.edward.org/diabetesnutrition or contact us for an appointment at 630-527-3339.