One of America's best heart hospitals is right here in Naperville. Edward Heart Hospital is home to highly trained and exceptionally skilled cardiovascular surgeons who provide dedicated and comprehensive specialty care for patients having cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgery. Edward is a leader in the field of cardiac surgery, performing over 300 open-heart procedures every year. Within our specialized and focused Heart Hospital, our expert surgical team utilizes the latest techniques and technology to provide the highest level of care.
Recognized Leadership in Cardiovascular Surgery
At Edward we're proud to have received numerous honors and accolades for cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgery, including:
- Named #1 in Illinois for Coronary Interventional Procedures (2012) by HealthGrades
- One of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care, Cardiac Surgery, and Coronary Intervention (2012) by HealthGrades
- Ranked among the country's Top 10% of Hospitals for Cardiology Services for 10 Years in a Row (Healthgrades, 2012)
- Most Preferred Hospital in the Region for Heart Care by the National Research Corporation 2013
- In addition, Edward has received Joint Commission Disease-Specific Advanced Certification for Ventricular Assist Device.
|PATIENT STORIES: KENNETH CLOWERS &
WIFE, JEAN, OF EARLVILLE
Today's surgical options help patients live longer, better
Read about Kevin Clowers, 67, of Earlville. With severe heart failure, he needed a heart transplant but preferred to let a younger patient have it instead. Now his left ventricle assist device (LVAD) allows him to live a full life comfortably. Read his story here.
What cardiovascular procedures are performed here?
The cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeons operating at Edward Heart Hospital have trained at some of the nation's best, most prestigious medical centers. These expert cardiovascular surgeons bring unsurpassed knowledge and experience to our patients, performing a wide range of life-saving procedures including:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Endoscopic saphenous vein harvesting
- Endoscopic radial artery harvesting
- Off-pump coronary bypass surgery (OPCAB)
- Coronary anastomosis using U-clips
- Proximal anastomosis
- Aortic valve replacement
- Myocardiac ablation
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Left Ventricular Reconstruction
Where will my surgery take place?
We have equipped our operating rooms with the newest, most innovative surgical technology. Along with our new hybrid operating room, which allows both minimally invasive and open procedures to be performed in one location, Edward now has three dedicated cardiovascular surgical suites, equipped with sophisticated, state-of-the-art technology, including:
- Smart lights with automatic zoom-lens cameras
- Charting computers for up-to-the-minute reports and records
- Hermes Voice-Activated equipment, which allows your surgeon to more easily control equipment, lights, and cameras.
Find a surgeon
To learn more about the surgeons on staff at Edward, call (630) 527-MDMD, Monday - Friday, 7 am - 6 pm, or visit www.edward.org/findadoc. Learn more about heart disease prevention and treatment at www.edward.org/heart.