Whoa baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby. Read more about a busy delivery day at Edward.
From The Naperville Sun:
One Edward Hospital doctor delivers three sets of twins in less than four hours
November 23, 2009
The blessed event, times two, for three area families came within a four-hour stretch Tuesday, Nov. 17, at a busy Edward Hospital in Naperville.
While multiple births on the same day aren't particularly rare, hospital officials can't recall three so close together. They also don't recall one doctor performing all three sets of deliveries.
Dr. Julie Jensen, an obstetrician/gynecologist from Naperville, delivered two girls to McKenzie and Michael Youakim, both 31, of Naperville: fraternal twins Samantha Lauren, born at 3:58 p.m., and Sydney Marie, born at 3:54 p.m.
They are the first children for McKenzie, who works in marketing and Michael who is a financial adviser.
Dr. Jensen was back in the delivery room with Heather and Dave Jarvas of Warrenville, delivering a boy, Connor John, at 5:41 p.m. and a girl, Brooke Elizabeth, at 5:44 p.m.
They also are the first children for Heather, 30, a pet trainer and Dave, 31, a project manager.
The third set of fraternal twins was born to Nicky and Geoff Rudolph of Naperville less than two hours later.
Daughter Eleanor was born at 7:26 p.m., and son Alexander was born at 7:28 p.m. The twins are the Rudolphs' first children.
The Youakim Twins:
The first children for Michael and McKenzie Youakim are fraternal twins.
- Sydney Marie was born first at 3:54 p.m. on Nov. 17; Weight: 5 lbs., 5 oz. Length: 18 inches
- Samantha Lauren was born at 3:58 p.m.; Weight: 6 lbs., 7 oz. Length: 19 1/2 inches
The Jarvas Twins:
The first children for Heather and Dave Jarvas also are fraternal twins.
- Connor John was born first at 5:41 p.m. on Nov. 17 Weight: 7 lbs., 3 oz.; Length: 19 inches
- Brooke Elizabeth was born at 5:44; Weight: 6 lbs., 10 oz.; Length: 20 inches
The Rudolph Twins:
The first children for Nicky and Geoff Rudolph also are fraternal twins.
- Eleanor was born first at 7:26 p.m. on Nov. 17; Weight: 4 lbs., 7 oz.; Length: 17 1/2 inches
- Alexander was born at 7:28 p.m.; Weight: 4 lbs., 15 oz.; Length: 18 inches
Naperville, Illinois (IL) - Edward Hospital and Health Services