Edward Hospital Hand Therapists can provide custom hand splinting utilizing low temperature thermoplastics. Splints may include dynamic splints, static splints or pre-fabricated splints. Many splints can assist in maximizing your healing process by:
- Providing appropriate positioning to protect injured tissues.
- Limit or encourage movement depending on the diagnosis.
- Increase functionality of the hand for use during healing.
Our highly trained therapists will fit you with the best splint appropriate for your diagnosis and provide education in its use and care.
Some of the splints we provided include but are not limited to:
- Thumb spica splints for CMC arthritis or DeQuervains Tenosynovitis.
- Resting hand splints for CVA or spasticity.
- Dorsal blocking splints following flexor tendon repair
- Pre-fabricated or custom wrist splints for carpal tunnel syndrome or wrist injuries.
- Elbow splint for night-time use with cubital tunnel syndrome.
- Static-progressive splints to increase joint motion.