Surviving a stroke is a second chance at life
Stroke affects 750,000 Americans each year and many of those individuals end up finding it difficult to return to normal activity. Edward therapists are dedicated to helping you recover from any neurological deficits that may be affecting you.
Our therapists specialize in the treatment of all neurological diagnoses. Our staff will help coordinate your appointments so you can see multiple therapeutic disciplines at your convenience. We treat patients of all ages, including pediatric therapies for physical therapy and speech and adult therapies that include physical, occupational, and speech therapy, all in one facility.
What we provide
- All evaluations, assessments, and treatments are provided by a licensed therapist.
- Continuity and consistency of care with one-on-one treatment by your therapist, and not by an assistant or therapy aide. We also try
to have you treated by the same therapist throughout the duration of your care.
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapy are all at one convenient location at the main hospital in Naperville.
- Edward Rehab has better outcomes in fewer visits compared to 4,500 other outpatient facilities based on current industry research.
Edward treats all diagnoses including:
- Balance and gait disorders
- Stroke (CVA)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Suffering from Parkinson's
- Vestibular Dysfunction
National Stroke Association: http://www.stroke.org/site/PageNavigator/HOME
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/stroke/stroke.htm
NINDS Traumatic Brain Injury Information Page: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tbi/tbi.htm
NINDS Parkinson's disease Information Page: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/parkinsons_disease/parkinsons_disease.htm
American Stroke Association: http://www.strokeassociation.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1200037
Multiple Sclerosis Association of America: http://www.msassociation.org/
Multiple Sclerosis Foundation: http://www.msfocus.org/
Multiple Sclerosis: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multiple-sclerosis/index.aspx
CDC National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, TBI page: http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/tbi/TBI.htm
National Parkinson Foundation: http://www.parkinson.org/Page.aspx?pid=201