For adults and children who need surgery of the ear, nose or throat (called ENT or, in medical terms, otolaryngology), Edward offers advanced capabilities in a comfortable, stress-free environment. Our state-of-the-art surgical suites are equipped with the latest technology, providing every possible advantage to our patients.
Along with a full range of procedures, the surgeons who operate at Edward perform the highest volume of endocrine surgeries in DuPage County and the western suburbs of Chicago.
Ear, nose and throat procedures performed at Edward
The general and pediatric ENT surgeons operating at Edward care for patients with the full range of ear, nose, and throat conditions, utilizing laser technology for many surgeries. Specific ENT surgery procedures include:
- Endocrine surgeries (including thyroid and parathyroid)
- Sinus surgery
- Laser bronchoscopy
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPS)
- Complex pediatric surgeries
- Neonatal surgeries
Technologies used in ENT surgical suites
Edward’s operating suites are equipped with the most sophisticated technology for ear, nose and throat surgery, including:
- Harmonic Scalpel, an ultrasound technology tool used in removing parathyroid tumors. Used in combination with a gamma probe, this scalpel cuts tissue while simultaneously sealing the edges of the incision, allowing surgeons to complete the procedure with greater precision.
- A facial nerve monitoring system, a high-tech system that helps ENT surgeons stay away from areas of the face where the nerves may be put to risk. For you this provides an extra layer of precaution to ensure the best and safest outcome of your procedure.
- The Fusion™ ENT Navigation System, enabling our ear, nose and throat surgeons to utilize image-guided techniques for safer, more thorough procedures.
Find a surgeon
Click here to learn more about the surgeons on staff at Edward, or call (630) 527-MDMD, Monday - Friday, 7 am - 6 pm, to find a surgeon. Submit an online referral request and we'll call or email you within one business day.